it's so hard to say goodbye after all the wonderful days and nights we've spent together. I wanted to write something special but I think this is beautiful and will always remind me of you <3
by: Alfred Tennyson (1809-1892)
- OW sleeps the crimson petal, now the white;
- Nor waves the cypress in the palace walk;
- Nor winks the gold fin in the porphyry font:
- The firefly wakens: waken thou with me.
- Now droops the milk-white peacock like a ghost,
- And like a ghost she glimmers on to me.
- Now lies the Earth all Danaë to the stars,
- And all thy heart lies open unto me.
- Now slides the silent meteor on, and leaves
- A shining furrow, as thy thoughts in me.
- Now folds the lily all her sweetness up,
- And slips into the bosom of the lake:
- So fold thyself, my dearest, thou, and slip
- Into my bosom and be lost in me.